TOGAF 9 exam preparation do's and dont's
TOGAF 9.1 certification for Enterprise Architects offered by Open Group. The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) is a framework for enterprise architecture which provides an approach for planning, designing, implementing, and governing an enterprise information technology architecture.
I went through the training and prepared for 3-4 weeks to go for a successful exam.
- Exam code OG0-093 TOGAF 9 is Combined Part 1 and Part 2 exam.
- This test comprises 2 sections. Each section must be passed to obtain an overall pass result.
- TOGAF 9 Part 1 - Pass mark 55% (22 or more points out of a maximum of 40)
- This exam comprises 40 questions in simple multiple choice format, covering the Level 1 learning outcomes.
- TOGAF 9 Part 2 - Pass mark 60% (24 or more points out of a maximum of 40)
- This exam comprises 8 complex scenario questions, with gradient scoring. This exam is open book and covers the complete Level 2 learning outcomes. The correct answer scores 5 points, the second best answer 3 points, and the third best answer 1 point. The distracter scores zero points.
- TOGAF 9 Certification Self-Study Materials, 3rd Edition
- Exam Registration Process
- To register online, visit the Prometric website.
- Exam Time Limit
- Level1 - Try to complete each question in 1 minute and review all the questions in another 20 minutes.
- Level2 - Try to complete each question in 10 minutes and review all the questions in another 10 minutes.
Good to Follow:
- Read Read Read the official study guide provided by Open Group.
- Try to remember all the terms in the study guide. Exam tests the same terminology as in Study guide.
- Practice as many questions as possible. Questions are very similar to the Practice test available with the Study pack.
- Keep an eye on the time – the remaining time is shown at the top of the screen throughout. If you are not a native English speaker then you can select the English as a Second Language (ESL) option to get more time.
- I personally felt all the Scenario based questions are very long so please plan properly to tackle the time.
- You are given pencil and paper during the exam, so it’s good to quickly draw the diagram before you start the exam.
- Read the scenario carefully, think about which phases of the ADM are relevant, the concerns of stakeholders, and how well each option meets their needs. Then eliminate the “wrong” answers, reducing your choices to those you think are “right”.
- For Level 2 you have access to the TOGAF documentation in PDF format. Use the reference material to assess scenarios, but be very smart with your searches.
- I suggest to answer the ones you know first. This will leave more time for the other questions.
- If you have attended any training session, please replay the session recordings till your doubts get clear.
Good to Avoid:
- Using the PDF Open Book in the exam is far from ideal. If you have practiced searching on key words to find the sections you need, else do not depend on the PDF. It will consume more time. So take a call as needed.
- Try to avoid scheduling the exam on weekends to avoid the rush. Good to schedule on weekday morning.
- Do not jump to level 2 till the time you are completely done with level 1 exam.
- Do not awake whole night just before the exam to quickly cover all the topics.
- Do not carry and study material to exam center.
- Do not do last minute review at exam center which may put you in to panic mode.
Online Free Resources (Reference Only):
There are also several online free resources available to prepare for the TOGAF Certification Exams. Below are some of the better ones:
- CloudPanda TOGAF Part 1 and Part 2 Practice Questions
- LearnCertification TOGAF Foundation Certification Practice Tests
- Knotion TOGAF YouTube Tutorials.
- Chris Eaton Part 1 Practice Questions
- Chris Eaton Part 2 Practice Questions
- Techbolo Practice Questions.
- OpenArch Practice Questions.
04/07/2021 01:53 AM
Hello, I am pleased to share, passed TOGAF 9.2 Certified yesterday. Thanks Mr. Panda for your support n truly it helped n building confident to clear my exams. Once again thank you so much & courtesy extended. Regards,
19/09/2016 12:10 PM
Really great information. I really appreciated your work towards help others for Togaf exam preparation…
19/09/2016 03:53 PM
19/09/2016 06:52 PM
Huge effort for a selfless cause! Thanks so much sir!
21/09/2016 01:53 AM
Very useful & informative. Truly appreciate your help & experience sharing for all Togaf aspirants!
22/09/2016 01:04 PM
You must take part in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I’ll advocate this site!
23/09/2016 10:51 AM
This is really good source of compiled and consolidate set of Qs for exam. Thanks for sharing. Sharing is learning ☺
23/09/2016 02:05 PM
Hey! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!
hormone replacement therapy testosterone
27/09/2016 12:46 PM
Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!
roll up garage doors for sale
28/09/2016 02:47 PM
Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thanks a ton!
indoor winter activities
07/10/2016 09:13 PM
Tremendous things here. I am very happy to peer your article. Thanks so much and i am having a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
08/10/2016 06:54 PM
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!
13/10/2016 5:48 PM
I would like to thnkx for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site. I’m hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.
15/10/2016 05:57 PM
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100 certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos
16/10/2016 02:20 PM
I’m curious to find out what blog system you are using? I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest blog and I’d like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?
16/10/2016 10:01 PM
I discovered your blog web page on google and check some of your early posts. Continue to preserve up the quite great operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading much more from you later on!
31/10/2016 12:43 AM
Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to give something back and help others such as you helped me.
07/11/2016 08:38 PM
Keep up the incredible work !! Lovin’ it!
27/12/2016 10:59 AM
Awesome blog brother, all information at one place…
30/12/2016 3:33 PM
Heya i am the very first time here. I stumbled on this board and I discover it really useful &important; it helped me out a whole lot. I am hoping to present something back and aid others such as you helped me.
taille haie kawasaki tg18
29/01/2017 04:46 PM
Its nice to come across a blog every time, that is at the best
03/03/2017 04:49 AM
“Great Blogpost! Hello mates, nice post and good arguments commented here, I am in fact_ enjoying by these.”
08/03/2017 12:54 PM
Normally I do not learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice article.