What is Azure VMware Solution (AVS):
Azure VMware Solution enables a fast path to the cloud, seamlessly migrating or extending existing VMware workloads from on-premises environments to Azure without the risk of re-architecting applications or retooling operations.
Top 10 reasons why to use Azure VMware Solution (AVS):
- Seamlessly move VMware-based workloads from your datacenter to Azure and integrate your VMware environment with Azure.
- Keep managing your existing environments with the same VMware tools you already know while you modernize your applications with Azure native services.
- On-demand self-service provisioning of VMware cloud environments. Ability to add and remove capacity on demand.
- VMware platform deployment, upgrade, management plane backup, health/capacity monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, and remediation.
- Edge-type networking services, including VPN, public IP, and internet gateways. These services run on Azure and carry the security and DDoS protection of Azure.
- Infrastructure that is fully dedicated to you and is physically isolated from infrastructure of other customers.
- Management features such activity management, usage, billing/metering, and user management.
- Solution architectures for customers to consume Azure services in an integrated fashion and take advantage of this unique AVS architecture.
- There could be some business triggers like - few locations have hardware equipment nearing end of life, so hardware-refresh decisions need to be made soon.
- Might be the requisition process, approvals, logistics is taking much longer to get new infrastructure to meet requests for hardware refreshes and new application deployments to quickly go to market.
Top 5 use cases of Azure VMware Solution AVS:
- Rapid environment provisioning with scalability
- Operationally consistent with familiar VMware based environment delivered as a cloud service
- Seamless, bi-directional large-scale app migration with consistency of policies and configurations
- No conversions, re-architect, re-IP of applications
- Enterprise-grade scale, availability and performance with native-like access to Azure services
Top 5 Azure VMware Solution Scenarios:
- Datacenter footprint reduction, consolidation, and retirement. Datacenter expansion based on demand
- Disaster recovery and business continuity
- Application modernization
- Minimizes transition risk and complexity. Simplifies & accelerates Migrations. Supports established governance & security policies
- Reduces cost of migrate apps. Extends value of existing enterprise app investments. Re-use existing skills, tools, processes
Get on-demand access to additional capacity when you consolidate, retire or expand your existing data centers. Even better, in your move to AVS, use the same VMware tools you already know from your on-premises environments – including VMware vSphere, vSAN and vCenter. You’re assured of operational continuity when redeploying vSphere-based applications to Azure – without the complexity of refactoringHow AVS helps in expanding capacity on demand?
Expand to the AVS to meet unanticipated needs, such as new development environments or seasonal capacity bursts. You can easily create new capacity on demand and keep it only as long as you need it. Reduce your up-front investment, accelerate speed of provisioning, and reduce complexity with the same architecture and policies across both on-premises and AVS.
How AVS helps in Disaster Recovery and business continuity?
Gain instant access to AVS’s high availability, disaster recovery and backup services to minimize risk and ensure business continuity for your critical workloads.
How AVS helps in Application Modernization?
Keep managing your existing environments with the same VMware tools you already know, while you modernize your applications with native Azure management, security and services. With Azure VMware Solution, it’s simple to tackle modernization one step at a time. Continue to build cloud competencies and modernize over time, using the native VMware tools and management experiences you’re already familiar with.
How AVS helps in reducing IT costs?
Leverage the Azure Hybrid Benefit to bring your Windows Server and SQL Server licenses with Software Assurance to Azure. Customers of Azure VMware Solution receive three years of free extended security updates for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 licenses with Software Assurance. You can reduce costs even further by selecting one or three year Reserved Instances for Azure VMware Solution.
Top 5 benefits of Azure VMware Solution (AVS):
- Get scale, automation, and fast provisioning for your VMware workloads on global Azure infrastructure.
- Keep using your existing VMware investments, skills, and tools, including VMware vSphere, vSAN, vCenter.
- Modernize your VMware workloads with native Azure management, security, and services.
- Take advantage of Azure as the best cloud for your Microsoft Windows and SQL Server workloads.
- Use your existing VMware investments with Azure.
- Deploy on dedicated cloud infrastructure in Azure
- Seamlessly integrate your VMware environment with Azure