Product Overview:Vembu BDR Suite is a portfolio of software products that cater to the backup and disaster recovery needs of organizations. It helps in protecting their data hosted in both physical or virtual environment. The products under the Suite address the data protection needs of organizations of any size – from a simple IT setup of the small and medium businesses to the highly sophisticated data centers. It is also optimised for Service Providers looking to provide BaaS and DRaaS to their customers. The products under the Suite can be deployed flexibly in any location like on-premise, offsite and the Cloud. The centralized monitoring and management portal also makes it very easy to monitor and manage large deployments with minimal effort.
- Hyper-V cluster backup: Vembu support backing up the VMs in the cluster and even if VMs configured for backup are moved from one host to another, the incremental backup will continue to happen without any interruption.
- Shared VHDx backup: Vembu supports backup of the shared VHDx of Hyper-V.
- CheckSum based incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for some CBT failure cases, we will be using CheckSum for the incremental to happen without any interruption.
- Credential Manager: No need to enter credentials every time, Vembu Credential manager allows you to manage the credentials of the host and the VMs running in it.
- Where it was left off for Vembu ImageBackup: In Vembu ImagBackup, if the backup job gets interrupted due to network failure, it will resume from where it was left off.
- Improved proxy functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- Virtual hardware selection: You can now configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter.
- Improved Hyper-V live recovery: During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V, a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- Improved Application aware for Hyper-V Backups: For all Hyper-V VMs, you can individually select the VM to which you want to enable Application Aware processing.
- Abort Offsite Replication: You can now abort the replication job from the Vembu OffsiteDR server.
- ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an OffsiteDR server.
- Quick VM Recovery report: You will get a report for Quick VM recovery process with details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
- API’s to fetch storage details: The new set of APIs is designed to give a detailed report on storage utilisation like the size of the VM, storage space utilised by a backup job, compression rate etc.
- VM disk inclusion: Previously, after the initial full backup, the newly added disk of the VM is backed up only on the next additional full backup. From v4.0, the newly added disk will be backed up along with the successive incremental.
A select Backup and Disaster Recovery package for independent ventures having backup necessities up to 6 CPU sockets or 50 VMs. With this new package, private companies can slice up to half on their standard backup costs.
Why this edition?
- Recuperating from data loss or any sort of calamity can take months or even years without having a solid data protection arrangement set up. The circumstance turns out more terrible while considering independent company firms. Putting resources into a data protection strategy once appeared to be extreme, yet now it is the most ideal approach to guarantee that you can keep your business online. That is the reason it is critical to put resources into a sound and dependable backup arrangement, to guarantee that you can return to business when you experience a disaster.
Vembu BDR Essentials:
- Vembu BDR Essentials is aimed at independent companies to cut down on backup costs. With this, one can protect their VMs running on VMware and Hyper-V , having up to 6 CPU sockets or 50 VMs.
- Licenses for Vembu BDR Essentials are given at the host-level and VM-level based upon one’s business framework. You can likewise settle on Enterprise or Standard version in light of your necessities. One can get the chance to slash their data protection expenditure by half with Vembu BDR Suite.
- Here comes the most anticipated part, the cost!
- This bundle offers you precisely what you need from a backup and DR arrangement at an extremely sensible cost.
Features to look out for:
- Agent less VMBackup guarantees that you have a problem free backup. You can protect numerous VMs in one go (through a single backup job). Vembu consequently chooses the backup transport mode depending on the environment.
- Backing up your data as frequently as possible ensures that you don’t lose much data when a disaster actually occurs. With near Continuous Data Protection, you can protect your information at regular intervals. This guarantees you have an RPO of under 15 minutes.
- Recoverability is the essence of backup, and Quick VM Recovery guarantees that you can get your business up and running in minutes. You can likewise test the recoverability through different alternatives like Boot check, Mount check and Image Integrity check.
- With Vembu Universal Explorer, you can peruse, see and granularly recover singular items of Microsoft applications like Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Active Directory. Along these lines, you don't need to sit tight for the whole VM image to be restored before you can start working on your files.
- Your backup isn't any great on the off chance that it rests in your creation premises, where a solitary catastrophe could harm your live and also backup servers. To guarantee that doesn't occur, you can recreate your VMs to an offsite area with Vembu OffsiteDR and Vembu CloudDR to be extra safe.
For greater business necessities:
Your business develops as time goes, and your framework develops alongside it. At the point when there comes a period, where your data protection necessities surpass 6 CPU sockets, take a look at our Vembu BDR Suite. While the BDR Essentials is specially crafted to secure your virtual surroundings, the BDR Suite is an extensive arrangement utilising which you can ensure the protection of your entire IT setup. It has every one of the highlights important to deal with backup necessities for your environment – physical, virtual or the Cloud.